Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Blog #6: Antiwar



    In looking at the websites  Antiwar.com and The American Conservative I learned more about an anti war perspective and speaking out against wars. It is rare to read articles against war and I personally do not see it often. These sites are trying to show the real history and agenda of these wars. I have never come across these sites specifically or any sites similar to them, especially when wars are a high topic in mainstream news. 
    On one of the sites I read an article discussing the real history behind the war in Ukraine. In this article, it is explained that Biden is the one pushing the war and is lying to the people as well as the mainstream media. The mainstream media is feeding these lies by sharing the stories without all of the true details according to this article. 
    I believe we don't see articles like these in the mainstream news and media simply because they do  not want us to see them. They sensor which news we are hearing in order to make it sound better. They tell us what they want to. The government promotes these other news sources and covers up sources such as these articles I am discussing. For example, during World War II, the promoted news had to go through a source to approve what was being said about the war. The media had to run their news through The Office of War Information in order to be allowed to share this news. 
    Our media can be very censored. It is controlled by what is promoted in the news and what is the top story. We talk about and focus on exactly what they want us to do. I think I have personally never seen these sites because the government and the media did not want me to. These sources are more hidden and harder to find than the media that is mainstream and focused on. 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

    Technology has had a major impact on me and my life, as well as the world as a whole. The advances in technology have had both positive ...